Monday, August 30, 2010

Card for Tea Swap

The theme for this month's swap is, "Primary". It was a stretch for me to come up with a card within that limitation as nothing was really clicking. I started with an old rubber stamp that I had with a sweet teapot. I stamped it, cut it out & colored it in a cheery yellow. I thought that with the black & white & red & white polka dots it really felt like the primary colors were "popping". I kept playing with the idea of having some sort of math equation on the card to reference the fact that today was the first day of school. I came up with: 1 + 1 = 2 4 T. Only later on did I think that I should have put 1 + 1 = 240, but it's ok. With a window cut-0ut it makes for a nice, friendly card. I'll send it along with 2 tea bags that I hope my swap partner enjoys. After a busy summer I think that we're all ready for some Stash Mellow Moments tea bags. This card's off to Hawaii. I hope it travels safely.

1 comment: