Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer necklace design


My BFF Mary sent me this quote today & I knew it HAD to be incorporated into something creative. "In the summer, the song sings itself." So -- tonight I came home & put together this design for a 1" x 3" glass covered pendant (ala Tim Holtz). I took the photo before I put it in the frame because of the glare with the overhead lights on & use of a flash. I think that you'll get the idea ...The background piece is a scrap of paper that I'd used glimmer mist on for a little bit of twinkle. The piece was made with some Tim Holtz doo-dads & the bingo token with the #73 (our house #) is perfect. The butterfly seemed to be a good way to add a little movement to the card & it's from one of the Mariposa pages. With the vintage frame around & a key or metal note from the bottom ... It came out just the way I wanted.
I made Mary a pin on Sunday (using the same technique, but different images) but didn't get a chance to take a photo. If I think of it, I'll ask her to send me a photo to upload.


No comments:

Post a Comment