Sunday, October 3, 2010

Halloween Card for Tea Exchange & Xmas Tag



As everyone who knows me is fully aware - I don't like Halloween. I don't think I ever liked Halloween. As a kid it always felt like begging ... As an adult - it's the time of the year when I've made more Halloween costumes than I can count. I do, however, love Snickers candy bars & look forward to the after-Halloween candy sale.
I did love making this card to send to Fran in Hawaii for this month's Tea exchange. The card is slightly oversized (6" x 5 1/2") I built it on black cardstock & layered as follows: a small piece of recycled dryer sheet that was washed, bleached & lightly pressed on the left hand side. The frame was cut with my Sizzix out of My Minds Eye Spider Web paper that I then distressed with Wild Honey distress ink. The image underneath is stamped with archival ink on a scrap piece of muted orange cardstock that I had. The stamp is from Magenta & is on a wood block. I LOVE the image. I then added a gold organdy ribbon on the left side to anchor the dryer sheet & put 2 orange & spice tea bags inside with a removable glue dot. I hope that Fran enjoys it. I've seen her projects on her website: Little Paper Studio & love her techniques so I know this is different from what she makes.


I also sent out my 3 Christmas Tags to Loretta in Sugarland, TX ...
This is a simple tag but I LOVE the Santa image. My husband has his own Santa suit & Xmas is his favorite holiday. I once described him to someone as having Santa-blue eyes. This image is from a large stamp (about 4" x 6") that I printed onto a piece of white paper & then reduced on our copier & printed onto bond. I didn't want to fuss with the simplicity so only edged the white card in gold leaf, mounted onto green cardstock with a close border & added a scottish ribbon at the bottom. I hope that she likes it, but she can also add color, flock, etc if she wishes. I used a gel pen for the blue eyes.
As you can tell - I'm busy creating. I went to a scrapbook tag sale at Inspiration Station in CT & came home with a bag of treasures. Probably my favorite find was a pile of old Papercrafts magazines for .50 apiece. I love to look for inspiration, color combinations, techniques that I can try.
It's starting to feel like Fall. The colors on the trees are changing at our Lake. This morning it was in the high 30s. Soccer season is well underway & 2 of our kids are at college in Boston. Life feels like it's slowing down just a little - time for soups in the crockpot & cookies in the tins.
Enjoy this time of year ... winter is coming & this is Nature's last chance to flirt with us.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that card! Thank you! You are right, it is very different from the type of cards that I do. BTW, I REALLY, REALLY like that Magenta stamp. Cool image!!! Thanks, Kim!

    ReplyDelete