Saturday, October 16, 2010

November Kit of the Month

This is the cover for the November Kit of the Month that I created for Life's Memories & More in Palmer, MA. The kits sell for $10 each & this month the kit is of a 4" x 6" mini-album which can easily be expanded as needed. The idea for this kit came from the thought that many of us have memories of Xmas cookies & some of us still begin baking cookies the weekend after Thanksgiving. For me - the cookie recipes are scattered in favorite cookbooks. loose pieces of paper & a couple on the backs of packaging. I knew that I could use a single place to house my cookie recipes & thought that at least one of my children (or grandchildren) might like to have these family favorites, too. I've included 5 recipes of cookies that I make each year to get the album started.




Each page is different & there's even a tag included for a batch of cookies that are given away. I tucked it behind a die-cut heart that can easily hold a recipe card when the tag's been used.




I have to thank Fern for this wonderful little gingerbread man. He's holding down a vellum envelope that contains a recipe for Pecan Tassies. This recipe only yields 2 dozen & I have to hide them when they're made as they don't make it onto a cookie tray.
I hope that you take time this year to make some holiday cookies. I'll be using my cookie album to finally put the family favorites in one place.

1 comment:

  1. Okay you have convinced me! I will be in to pick one up!!

    ReplyDelete