Sunday, January 30, 2011

Altered Journal for Timi in Ireland


This is the cover for the altered journal that I made for Timi as my half of the swap through Life on the {Scrap} Beach. Check out the website (http:/thescrapbeach.ning.com/) & you'll find all sorts of fun options (swaps, RAKs, wish lists, etc). I'm participating in a Spring Tag Swap, Lace Swap & this Altered Journal Swap. It was so much fun to create --- I hope that she enjoys it ... The edge was covered with the Tim Holtz Paper Tape ... It does look like newsprint, but is actually distressed tape. I also used a technique that I'd seen online & wanted to try using pieces of tape, covered with Mod Podge & then added the mesh ribbon & a white prima flower that I had & inked with alcohol inks in colors I thought she'd like. There are more surprises inside, but I want her to have some surprises so I'm not showing them here.

2 comments:

  1. Kim, this is beautiful! Do you have photos of the inside? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    I didn't take photos of the inside. I think I did keep a list of the journaling prompts, though, because I had such fun thinking of them. My favorite was, "If I were going to write a fortune cookie message for my closest friend this is what it would say...."

    ReplyDelete