Sunday, February 6, 2011

Easter Tag Inspiration

We're off to a SuperBowl party this afternoon & I'd told our sweet hostess that I'd bring along my new tags to show off.  Half of the partygoers will be sequestered in the downstairs scraproom happily creating & I was excited about sharing the results from my recent class.  When I said that I'd be bringing Christmas tags she challenged me to come up with an Easter Tag using the same techniques.  The picture attached is the result.  I included the original Christmas tag on the left, and I'm very pleased with the Easter tag on the right. I started with a standard manila tag that I stamped with Archival ink using a stamp with cursive writing on it & then distressed when dry by dragging the ink onto the tag with my Stampin UP sponge in circular motions.  The bird is the recognizable bird from the Tim Holtz birdcage die & I used Antique Linen Distress crackle paint & then added some of the purple ink to soften when completely dry.  The banner was made using plain white paper stamped with the Easter Greetings from the Stampin Up Easter Blossoms set.  To get the ripple I simple ran the rounded edge of a pen along the back & then flipped up at the end.  To keep the height I used pop dots underneath at the notched side.  The flower was the very simple scalloped punch flower made with a dry purple gingham paper I had that I distressed with the same purple ink that I used for distressing the tag & the bird (Marvy Heritage Lavender Fields).  I had the coordinating paper, rickrack & ribbon in my stash.  When complete I used the Marshmallow Glimmer Mist to add some shimmer over the entire thing.  I finished off with a green organza ribbon at the top.  I can just see this tag hanging from an Easter basket with chocolate bunnies behing it ....

No comments:

Post a Comment