Friday, February 4, 2011

Lace Around The World Swap with Tag & Charm

This is a tag with matching charm that I made for the Lace Around the World Swap.  The directions were to send 3 laces or trims (1 yard each) & put them on a tag with a matching charm.  This tag was created by embossing a 3 1/4 x 6 1/8 piece of glossy cardstock with the Sizzix folder from the Summer Fun set.  I then inked the entire card using Adirondack Alcohol Ink colors Sail Boat Blue & Pool.  After dry I used Glimmer Mist (color Sweet Pea) randomly & heat set.  I added a piece of black card stock, an image from an ATC set & then stamped with Archival Ink using a flourish (now hidden under the lace.  For the charm I made it using Tim Holtz chain, a Tim Holtz Philosophy tag, a clip that I soaked in the alcohol inks used for the background, & beads from Anita's bead shop in New Hampshire.  The teal lace inspired the tag & the other colors are fuschia & white.  I ordered the teal lace online from elfcrafters on Ebay.  The lace arrived beautifully packaged & quick, quick, quick.  I would recommend them without hesitation.  For fibers I used some yarn that I had in my stash.  I do hope that my swap partners enjoy this tag ... I am looking forward to seeing what they make, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment