Saturday, July 21, 2012

Early Morning at the Lake & 2 Travel Journals

This is my view when I open the door facing the Lake.  I would normally call it my "back door" since I enter the garage from one side of the house & this is the reverse side.  I've been told that when you face the water the side facing the water is always the "front".  The other issue here is that we have a walk-out basement so this view is standing on a deck about 12 feet off the ground.  It seems strange to say that I opened the "front door" when you'd have to climb stairs to get to it, but that's how it goes. 

Today (continuing the theme of jam-making with local fruits this summer) I'll be off to another Farmer's Market to look for treasures.  I found that there's a good website which lists the local farms & Farmer's Market info so I'll be culling that source for fruit in the next couple of months.

I also want to show you a couple of photos of the journals for Iceland that I made.  Since I seem to have added 1 photo - I'm going to try & add 2 more.  Let's see where they appear in this blog ~

I have to say that I love, love, love preparing travel journals for other people to take on trips.  It's so much fun thinking about how to add an extra location for a photo or journaling or to wonder how someone will take the framework that I've provided & make it reflect their memories.  I think that the most important thing to do when traveling is to pick up what seems to be the boring stuff.  The map from the hotel, business cards, a piece of hotel stationery, the punched subway card, a napkin from a wonderful bakery (go ahead & write on it about what you had to eat) even the barf bags from the airplane can be a surface to right notes on if you go through an amazing cloud formation on the plane. 
So how will you spend your weekend?  I'm off to the market ~

No comments:

Post a Comment