Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lazy Days of Summer

July 1st, 2012

I've decided that I'm going to use this little blog to chat about what's going on (at least in my corner of the world) even if I don't get around to posting pictures of everything I'm working on.  This summer & fall I'm going to focus on my local farm products & am back in jam-making mode.  I had requests this year to go back to making jam.  Unfortunately - my sweet husband didn't grow up eating jam & has no interest.  I'm forced to find takers for my jam.  So far this year I've made:  strawberry rhubarb jam, strawberry jam & red currant onion chutney.  As the season goes on I hope to make some of my favorites, but I haven't seen damson plums in years & they are one of the most delicious & beautiful jams that I ever made. 
We had friends over on Saturday to go boating & David asked me to make a Georgia Special Cake.  If you haven't tried this delicious cake, just google it & make it.  You'll win rave reviews. 
Today I worked on the 1st of 2 travel journals that I'm making for a friend in California.  I love putting them together & figuring out how I can add little extra surprises without it becoming my journal. 
It's warm in Massachusetts & I'm looking forward to a short week at work.  With the holiday on Wednesday I took Thursday off, too.  It's going to be wonderful to spend a few days on the lake.  We try to spend as much time outside as we can.  David's busy catching bass & I relax with either a book or my Kindle.  Life is good.
I hope to get some tatting done this week.  I'd like to work on a pattern that I have for a bookmark that I think would be perfect as a headband.  I need to focus on how to add more thread without having to weave it in after the project is finished.  I'll have to pull out my tatting book.
Enjoying Pandora as I blog.  It feels like having a dj in the room saying, "so - you like this artist --> have you heard this one" .... love it.
So - stay tuned.  I'm going to try to make this part of a routine.  Alternately - look for me on Pinterest.  I've got lots of treasures pinned.
Bunny Bunny ~

No comments:

Post a Comment