Friday, March 15, 2013

Lilypad Tablecloth & Spring Dinner

Tonight we're having a friend over for dinner & I'd just washed & ironed a new (to me) tablecloth with a lilypad embroidery pattern.  The tablecloth & Spring coming up were my inspiration. 
I didn't have time to get to my favorite florist (Carey's Flowers in South Hadley, MA) but wanted to have something fresh on the table to go with the colors in the tablecloth.  This will have to do.


I wanted a photo of my pretty square plate with the daffodils. 
They gently whisper Spring to me.
 
The view from the end of the table. 
There will be 5 of us at dinner tonight so I just sat down & took a photo.
Dessert will be ginger snaps on this lovely cookie plate. 
The spice jars of jelly beans were a whimsical addition.
View of dessert from a chair.

Spring Dinner Menu on a Friday Night
 
Marrakesh Vegetable Curry (found on Pinterest, but I am not using eggplant)
Rice (with slivers of scallion & carrot)
Assorted sides (Chop Salad from More-with-Less cookbook, coconut, peanuts, apple bits)
Slaw on the daffodil plates
Ginger Snaps (from Joy of Cooking)
 
I'll let you know how it goes.  What are you having for dinner tonight?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment