Saturday, March 5, 2011

Japanese Bookmarks & a Mini Composition book

I'm adding these in the order that I completed them ... Here's the photo of the bookmarks that I made using items that I had on hand ... So much fun (took hours & hours), but I'm very pleased with how they came out.
I have to say that it really was a lot of fun figuring out their hair.  I tried bangs & even long hair down the back ... thought about a bun on top & decided that I'd give my little girls a simple hair style that I could add just a touch of bling to. 

The next project that I worked on was a mini composition book for a swap with Brenda.  This was a different project for me as I was working with a small existing element & trying to figure out how to keep the scale right & still provide visual interest.  The focal point was a paper raffia flower that I made & spritzed with Smooch Spritz.  I played around with the idea of making a bumblebee cover with blacks & yellows, but I remembered that Brenda likes vintage so I dove into my stash of papers & found a sweet floral with purple & yellow in it.  Once I found the green trim with a tiny edge I knew that it would come together fine.  Like any project you make to swap -- my real concern is whether my partner will like it as much as I liked making it.... I love the fabric I placed this book on, but you might have to really hunt to find the actual book.  Hint - look for the black binding on the left hand side.

I'm having a great time on the Beach creating & swapping & seeing everyone's ideas.  If you check it out (go over to the right side of this blog & click on the link) I know that you'll soon be joining in the fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment