Monday, November 8, 2010

Card for Ania

This is a card that I worked on while we were on vacation. I used the Outlines Ornament stamp & embossed with fine gold embossing powder on a chartreuse cardstock & a pale blue cardstock. I carefully cut out the layers from the stamped images & stacked them using pop dots for depth. The center of the star has a diamond bling. The primary image is mounted on black cardstock & then on white cardstock for contrast. The card base is a piece of matching cardstock from the blue layer of the star. I cut a piece of black paper to cover the top 3/4 & then attached patterned paper with star images to cover. I also added a piece of gold, sheer organza at the top (adhering under the layered star & behind the black cardstock) & used the same gold ribbon in a double layer to cover the joint where the cardstock/patterned paper meets. I had a sticker "happy holidays" in just the right shade of blue. This photo doesn't do justice to the card, but with shorter days (good-bye Daylight Savings time) I leave in the morning before it's light out & arrive home after it's dark. I love to make cards that can be shared, so I gave Ania this card with an envelope so she can decide if she wants to send it to someone on her holiday list.

No comments:

Post a Comment