Monday, September 24, 2012

Santa cards using LaBlanche stamps

I took a class last week with Donna Sledzik in CT.  It's always loads of fun at any of her classes & I come away with new techniques.  After the class I came home & remembered that I had 2 stamps made by the same stamp company (LaBlanche from Germany).  I wanted to use what I had on hand.  I found that I had almost everything I needed (with some substitutions for Distress Inks, etc) to create a similar card.


The card on the left was made with Donna.  He's a jolly old elf. 
The card on the right was made with the stamp that I had on hand.  To watch the demonstration by the LaBlanche representative using UTEE and Distress Ink nibs go to this link.   http://simonsaysstampblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/lablanche-coloring-technique-video.html
I'm thinking about making several of these cards to send out to David's clients.  It's a very European image & has an Old World look that I love. The one detail I'll probably change is to take the Merry Christmas sentiment & cut it with a circle punch layered onto a slightly larger circle.  I'm hoping to use up papers that I have on hand for the background.
It's apple season here in New England and I made applesauce this morning & apple butter is simmering in the crockpot.  The weather here has been a perfect "10" (70s during the day & cooler at night).  I'm enjoying a day off & will be heading up to my scraproom to play with paper, but wanted to share these cards.
Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment